Thursday, December 3, 2015

Power Privilege & Pleasure (Queens of Kings Book 4) by LaQuette

Title: Power Privilege & Pleasure
Series: Queens of Kings: Book 4
Author: LaQuette
Genre:  Interracial Erotic Romance
Release Date: October 13, 2015

She was born to conquer a nation; he was made to conquer her.


When truth isn’t the best answer and duty must come before love. Alexis-Jeovonni “A.J.” Tenetti: attorney, CEO, master manipulator, must make what’s oftentimes the unpopular choice. She is the most prolific legal mind of her time. Her mind sees what others’ can’t, bending people and circumstances to her will. 
Elliot “Alan” Quillen, vice president of Searlington Realty, is running from his past, hiding from pain. Cast aside by his heartless family, he refuses to be manipulated by anyone ever again. All he wants is peace and solitude. His goal seems within reach until a fated meeting with A.J. Tenetti leaves him angry, frustrated, and burning with desire.
When danger cloaks her like the night and she refuses to let him in; Alan has to make a choice. If he’s going to master the master he has to either follow her rules, or create his own.
She was born to conquer a nation; he was made to conquer her.
Will they continue to battle each other, or join forces against A.J.’s enemies? Will they realize that her power coupled with his privilege will equal the ultimate pleasure?
18+ This title contains explicit language and sexual situations and depictions. Reader discretion is advised.


“Are you having second thoughts about this, Quillen?” “No, I just don’t want you to think this is all about the sex to me. I hoped when we finally arrived at this point I’d have time to wine and dine you before we ended up screwing like bunnies. Not to mention, this is your brother’s house. You sure he’s not going to come for me if he finds out I’m screwing his baby sister?” She crawled over to him, straddling his hips, planting the seat of her jean-clad cunt over his hardening dick. Damn, he hadn’t even gotten her completely naked and he could feel his balls inching up. She pushed against his chest, and he leaned back, taking her with him, until his back was flat against the bed. She placed her hands on either side of his head and braced the weight of her slim build on her locked arms. “Funny enough, just before my brother told me to bring you over here, he insisted that I get laid.” “Your brother told you to bring me here to have sex with me?” He didn’t care how cool John was, there wasn’t a man alive who cared about his sister that would invite some shit like that to go on in his house. She laughed a bit and shook her head. “No, John doesn’t know that you and I have been seeing each other. He is concerned that I’m working too hard and not spending enough time enjoying the important things in life like fun, food, and fucking.” Alan nodded his head, that he could definitely picture her gruff brother saying. “You took care of me, Alan. You didn’t have to, and even when I threw myself at you, you didn’t take advantage of me. I’ve never met another man who’d do those things and didn’t expect anything in return. I’m not sleeping with you because I feel as if I owe you something. I’m sleeping with you because I’ve wanted to fuck your brains out since you first walked into my office five years ago. The fact that you did all that nice shit for me beforehand, well, that just makes me want to get naked with you even more.” “God woman, that mouth,” he chuckled against her lips “If my memory serves me, you said, ‘You have the sexiest fucking mouth I’ve ever seen. It would look so much prettier stretched around my cock than spewing the venom you insist on spitting.’ Did I get that right, Quillen?” “Every fucking word,” he growled. “Then let us make better use of our time and my mouth,” she suggested.
2015 Georgia Romance Writers Maggie Award Finalist in Erotic Romance, 2015 Swirl Awards Finalist in Romantic Suspense, LaQuette, a native of Brooklyn, New York, spends her time catering to her three distinct personalities: Wife, Mother, and Educator. Writing--her escape from everyday madness--has always been a friend and comforter. She loves writing and devouring romance novels. Although she possesses a graduate degree in English Lit, she'd forego Shakespeare any day to read something hot, lusty, and romantic. She loves hearing from readers and discussing the crazy characters that are running around in her head causing so much trouble. Contact her on Facebook, Twitter: her website: www.LaQuetteLikes.com, Amazon, her Facebook group: LaQuette's Lounge, and via email at LaQuetteRomanceAuthor@gmail.com.
 
HOSTED BY:



ALPHA BOOK CLUB REVIEW

Title: Power Privilege & Pleasure
Series: Queens of Kings Book 4
Author:LaQuette
Genre: Suspense/Interracial Romance

Power Privilege & Pleasure was a 5 star read.

Her focus on her work alone would forever keep her out of the kind of trouble that nearly destroyed her seven years ago.

You get to know AJ better in this book. You get to see her softer side and what made her the way she is. The chemistry between AJ and Alan is very steamy.  I loved AJ’s in your face attitude. You could tell Alan really loved her because of what he put up with.

It was also great seeing Heart and Kenneth and the Amare family again.

This is a wonderful series and should be read in order to understand the story.
I’m looking forward to True and Teague's story. This is must read series from LaQuette, thank you for another great read.

1 comment: