Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Review: Crossroads

Crossroads Crossroads by Riley Hart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



It's A Crossroads Bryce.

Can you say HOT. DIRTY TALK. MUST READ These are all things you should associate with Crossroads by Riley Hart

This is one of the best books I have read this year! I absolutely L.O.V.E. everything about this book, then add in one of my favorite narrators to the Audiobook... Perfect!

This book is categorized as "Friends-to-lovers" or "Gay-for-You" and it probably works under many, many more tropes. Riley Hart has created a book that shows you not only what it is like to love but that all love should be accepted and all love is pure. Nick and Bryce are neighbors. Both Straight men. They have this connection between the two of them an easy way of just being together and being happy. There are not pretenses between the two men they simply want to make each other happy. However, neither of them see's this connection as anything other than two friends who are very close. It isn't until Bryce's brother points out that there is something more between the two that Bryce takes stock of his feelings for Nick and realizes that yes.. he does feel something more for Nick that just friends.. and being Bryce he acts.
There first kiss goes like this..

“You fucking hit me!” Bryce’s hand was shaking as he wiped the blood from his bottom lip.

“You fucking kissed me!” And then Nick was pacing the room. Just a minute before his brain had shut off, and now it wouldn’t stop going. Bryce had kissed him. Bryce was a man...his friend...and part of him hadn’t wanted to stop it.


Then after the men take a deep breath..

“I’m sorry I hit you.”

“I’m sorry I kissed you...I think. Maybe not. No, I think I’m just sorry you hit me, too.”

“I shouldn’t have gone for it like that. I don’t know what I was thinking. Actually, I wasn’t fucking thinking. Jamie and Christi thought I had a thing for you, and I didn’t know what to believe. I came over here to prove them wrong and then, Jesus, you looked so fucking sexy when you opened the door all tired, and bare-chested with those fucking abs of yours. I realized they were right, so I just acted.” He wet a paper towel and wiped his mouth as though he hadn’t admitted...a whole hell of a lot of shit that Nick was still processing.


description

I really cannot say enough about this book and how much you should read it or listen to it.. or both!! Sean Crisden does a wonderful job as the narrator/producer of the audiobook version and yeah his dirty talking sex scenes are the best! Sean brings life to Riley and Bryce in a way that you actually feel like you are watching two of your best friends fall in love.

THIS IS A 5+ STAR BOOK!!




Reviewed by JLoves2Read from Alpha Book Club
and Gay Book Reviews

description


descriptiondescription






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment