Sunday, August 30, 2015

Review of the Manhattan Tales series by Willa Thorne
Title: His Pawn
Series: The Manhattan Tales Book 1
Author: Willa Thorne
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotica


Five freaking stars!! His Pawn was so hot I thought I was going to spontaneously combust.

Meet Mason Woodward. He’s handsome, wealthy, has a filthy mind, and knows how to get what he wants. At one time, he knew what it meant to care about other people until he found his best friend, Travis Pryor, in bed with the woman he intended to marry. Now, Mason has a plan for payback that involves Jillian, the younger sister of Travis. He’ll hook and reel her in.

 
“If Travis can take the love of my life, then I’ll take his little sister.”

 
The plan seemed solid, until she got under his skin and began to challenge everything he was thinking. 


Alpha Book Club's Review

 
“Well, we’re in a romantic setting in an upscale restaurant, and I can’t stop thinking about how I want to kiss every inch of your body - right down to your silky, soaking slit.

I’ve been on a roll with new authors this year and Willa Thorne is another to add to my list. I fell hook, line, and sinker for Mason Woodward. Even though he’s an arrogant jerk for part of the book, you know that’s not the real him. But it’s the guy he has become due to circumstances in his life. Like an overbearing and cruel father and a loveless childhood. They’ve all taken their toll on him and left him a shell of the man that he once was.

Jillian Pryor is sweet, beautiful and a bit naive. But aren’t we all at some point in our lives. I loved that she didn’t accept this new Mason. She knows that he really has a heart of gold and resolves to break through the walls he has built around his heart. She agrees to Mason’s plan to be his for three months, but she doesn’t know the motive behind it.
 
As she steadily chips away at the ice surrounding Mason’s heart, someone else has plans for Jillian. And that person will stop at nothing to remove her from Mason’s life.

I loved this book. I could not put it down. The sex scenes were scorching and I thoroughly enjoyed the suspense element to the storyline as well.

Amazon

 

 

 
 
 
Title: Queen in Play
Series: The Manhattan Tales Book 2
Author: Willa Thorne
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotica

 
Five stars for this sequel. It was hot, sexy, and suspenseful.

 
Jillian Pryor has learned a thing or two since she was swept away by the handsome Mason Woodward. For years, she had him on a high pedestal… until she learned the dirty truth about his plans for her.

 
Two months later, Mason is still determined to have her, but Jillian isn't about to give in that easily. The problem is, Jill hasn't been able to get him off her mind either.

 
Still, there’s more at stake than past transgressions and painful secrets. Mason will have to make a choice that Jill knows nothing about…

 
Alpha Book Club's review:


“I’m stronger now than I was back then, but there is no denying that I will always crave the way Mason commands my body. I need it as much as he needs to dominate me.”

 
Damn, this sequel was everything I was hoping it would be and more.

Jillian sure kept Mason on his toes in Queen in Play. No longer the naive college girl, she’s still hurting from how things went down in His Pawn but she’s determined to stand her ground. I really love that she goes toe to toe with Mason. But the heart wants what it wants and hers beats for Mason.
 
Mason evolved quite a bit as well. He’s less arrogant, but still very protective of Jillian. And it’s clear that he loves her as much as he loves to dominate her in the bedroom. And Christ on a cracker, the chemistry between them is explosive.
 
All in all, I love this series. I can’t get enough of Mason and Jillian. I love the suspense element, the scorching sex scenes, and the tender moments between the two. And I’m also curious about the secondary characters. Jackson -  what is his deal? I’m dying to know what’s going on with him and Elyse.
 
 
 


Title: End Game
Series: The Manhattan Tales Book 3
Author: Willa Thorne
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotica

 
Five stars for this series finale. I freaking loved this book. This whole series in fact. I can't get enough of Mason and Jillian.

 
Their story began with his plan for revenge. British billionaire, Mason Woodward, thought he had a flawless plan for revenge, until he fell in love with Jillian Pryor, the woman he planned to use in his scheme.

The plan seemed simple. I'd use her every which way, and then send her back to her brother with a clear message: You had your fun, and I had mine. Little did I know that I'd fall for her...

When she discovered his secrets, the tables turned. For the first time in years, she was the only person to stand up to him.
He has no hold on me now... I can play my own game of payback.

Now, the games are over, but their story continues. Secrets will be revealed and hardship will be faced. This is the third, concluding book surrounding Mason and Jillian.
 

 
Alpha Book Club's Review

 
“Please, Jill. You have to trust me. All in due time. This, I promise you. Everything- absolutely everything I do is to keep you safe, to give us a future. Just let me get over this one last hurdle.”  

 
With his father out of the picture, Mason thought he had eliminated all threats to his and Jillian's happiness. But someone else has stepped out of the shadows looking for payback and Mason will stop at nothing to keep Jillian safe.
One of the things I love the most about The Manhattan Tales series is the evolution of Mason and Jillian. Mason went from being a cold hearted arrogant jerk to a besotted fool in love. He's still ruthless, possessive, and extremely protective when it comes to Jillian, but the transformation he has undergone is heartwarming. Jillian has managed to thaw the ice around his heart and shown him that he deserves to love and be loved.
 
Jillian's transformation has been inspiring to watch as well. She went from naive college student in His Pawn to queen of Mason's heart. We saw her get stronger in Queen in Play, but she really comes into her own in End Game. Angry that he's been keeping her in the dark, she wants to help ease the burdens that are weighing Mason down.
 
And per the previous books, the sex scenes are smoking hot. I didn't think it was possible, but Ms. Thorne cranked up the heat even more.
 
The Manhattan Tales series is a thrilling ride of love, lies, revenge, greed, sex, and hope. Take the plunge and let yourself get swept away with Mason and Jillian.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

** All books read and reviewed by Sarah for Alpha Book Club. I received ARCs of Queen in Play and End Game in exchange for honest reviews. **

Willa Thorne lives in Southern New England, just above New York City. She's been writing steamy romance for many years. She enjoys all types of genres, but considers herself a romantic at heart. Coffee and chocolate are just a few of her favorite things. When she's not writing steamy romance, she enjoys walks by the lake and hiking with her husband and rescued pup.

You can find Willa here:
Facebook
Twitter

Graphics for His Pawn and Queen in Play made by Sarah for Alpha Book Club.
Graphics for End Game made by JJ's Design and Creations.
https://www.facebook.com/JJDesignsCreations
Please support her page.
 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment