Tuesday, November 24, 2015

If I Break (The Complete Series) by Portia Moore












Portia Spot.png



















If I Break complete.jpg





Synopsis round.jpg


The complete If I Break Series Bundle. Includes If I Break, Before I Break, Almost Broken and Beautifully Broken.

This is not your typical happily ever after...

Lauren Brooks wants to do three things: Escape the small town she grew
up in, get accepted to her dream school in Chicago, and graduate
without drowning in debt. Now she’s working her ass off to do just
that.

With a full course load and a waitressing job at one of the hottest
night clubs in Chicago, she does not have time for distractions;namely
ones who only want to get into her pants. She’s been burned before.
Only a fool goes for a second round... With just two semesters left
until graduation, everything’s on track.

Until she meets Cal. Enter distraction.

At six-foot-two, with ebony hair, deep grey eyes, and a smile that
could only hide an agenda, she knows he’s trouble. And for the first
time in her life, a little trouble might be just what she needs.

No. What she wants.

It isn't like she’d ever marry the guy.
Until she does.

What she thinks will be her happily ever after, is only the beginning.
Cal has a secret. One that makes loving him come with a price, and
being his wife cost more than she bargained for.


BTB Round.jpg




goodreads-badge.png




















Excper round.jpg





A crash of thunder snaps me out of the trance I’m falling into. I disentangle myself from his embrace and walk towards the window, watching the raindrops paint the city. He comes to stand beside me. I don’t look at him, but I know he’s watching me.
“I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable,” he says quietly.
“You’re not. It’s, it’s just—this is all… I’m not used to this,” I admit stumbling over my speech.
“I don’t want you to do anything you don’t want to do tonight. As hard as it is,” he lets out a long sigh and laughs.
“I’ll keep my hands to myself the rest of the night,” he smiles innocently, crossing his arms over his chest and deliberately tucking his hands under his muscular arms. The thing is—I don’t want him to keep his hands to himself. I want them all over me and it’s terrifying. I’ve never wanted someone so bad in my life, and it’s overwhelming.
“Do you do this? I mean seriously, is this just a routine for you?” I ask him, my heart in my throat. I’m afraid to hear the answer.
He looks at me, surprised. “Well, I’m not going to lie and tell you I’m a saint. I’m far from it. I love women and I’ve never had to work too hard to get one,” he says bluntly. I cross my arms as well. I think somewhere inside of me I’m jealous, imagining all of the women who have stood in this same spot, who have walked through his door and been in his bed.
“But, you’re the first woman I’ve been with that I can honestly say if you left here tonight without letting me see what’s under your dress, I would still call you,” he says with a slight chuckle and I’m appalled. What a douche-bag thing to say!
“It’s time for me to go home,” I say irritated. Definitely time for me to go. I turn to walk away, but he grabs my hand.
“Wait! That came out wrong. I’m sorry. I’m not used to having to explain myself to anyone,” he says. He runs his fingers through his dark locks and chuckles nervously.
“I like you! I love being with women. But I usually don’t like being with them if that makes sense,” he tries to explain and he seems a little confused. It’s the first un-cool moment he’s had and for the first time tonight I notice flecks of green glimmering in his gray eyes; they twinkle at me.
“You seem like the type of guy that doesn’t think beyond the night. I’m not like that,” I tell him.
He steps towards me and the familiar heat rushes between us.
“Well, I see you past tonight,” he says cupping the side of my face; I lean into his hand and close my eyes. I don’t know what to do. My mind is telling me to leave at this point, to leave right now. My body is begging me to stay and let him do whatever he wants to it. My heart is lonely; I’ve been alone for so long. Even with Michael, something was missing, and I know this pull he has over me has to be lust, but there’s something else. If it was just lust I wouldn’t be so afraid, right?
I turn away from him, back towards the window, trying to collect my thoughts—my wants versus my fears.
“What do you want from me?” Who am I kidding? I know exactly what he wants.
“I want you to tell me what you want,” he whispers and second later his lips have found the secret spot on my neck that sends a thrill over me.
“What if I don’t know what I want?” My voice goes up an entire octave.
He turns me around so we’re facing each other now. He leans down, pulling me into a breathless kiss. I have to wrap my arms around him tighter to keep from losing my balance. I softly whimper as his tongue begins to explore my mouth, and he begins to slowly unzip my dress almost as if he's waiting for me to stop him. When I don't, his hand slides beneath the thin material; the heat of his hand seems foreign but amazing.
Opening my eyes, the room is spinning but my focus is on him. Each movement in rhythm, every kiss, every touch—he shouldn’t be able to make me feel like this; it’s almost like he can read my mind.
“I want to be the one to show you things you’ve never seen,” he whispers in my ear as he unhooks my bra. “Make you feel things you’ve never felt,” his voice pours into my ear as his hand slides up my thigh.
“Just let me,” he says, picking me up. The strap of my dress slides down my shoulder.
“And what do I have to do?” I whimper out completely under his spell. He lifts me higher so I’m looking into his eyes, and brings his mouth to my ear.
“Say yes,”
There are so many reasons I should say no: I barely know him, we’ve only been out twice.
“Yes,” I say, breathless.



















IIB 1.jpg


IIB 3.jpg


IIB 2.jpg


about round.jpg


I’m obsessed with blowing kisses. I guess that makes me a romantic. I love books and cute boys and reading about cute boys in books.I’m infatuated with the glamour girls of the past: Audrey,Dorthy,Marilyn,Elizabeth.
I’m a self confessed girly girl,book nerd,food enthusiast, and comic book fan. Odd combination huh, you have no idea…


Author Links



Ardent 4.JPG






ALPHA BOOK CLUB REVIEW

Stars: 5
Heat: 2

The Complete series of “If I Break” by Portia Moore is a 5 star read..
Romance, Ugly cry, Mind F#ck, Hot Alpha

“What’s in the dark, will always come to light”

Wow, this series is off the charts. You definitely have to read the series together in order to understand everything that is going on.   

Cal meets Lauren at the nightclub that she works at. The story shifts between the past and present showing you the courting of Lauren, the marriage and the issues that she struggles with. Cal is leaving for days and weeks at a time without a call or text, Lauren doesn’t understand why he is so secretive. To make a point she leaves to go stay with her aunt, as to which Cal follows her. After another incident with Cal at her aunt's, Lauren decides to secretly go stay with her friend.  

Cal gets in touch with Lauren and pleads with her to come to the apartment to talk to him. This is where he drops a bomb on her and tells her he is leaving (ugly cry). Of course Lauren goes into a depression and also discovers she is 8 weeks pregnant.  The story bumps ahead almost two years to her daughter's first birthday.  Lauren's friend Hillary shows her her a newspaper ad with what appears to be Cal with his dad.  If he’s back why isn’t he with her? What secrets does he have?

What happens after Lauren confronts Cal is very heart wrenching and a huge ugly cry moment.  And the secret that is revealed was so SHOCKING to me, I never saw it coming. Just when you think you have things figured out another twist happens. There is so much more I would love to add to this review however I want everyone to experience this great read all on your own.

...You’re the reason I fight to be here….

I have never read a book with this type of storyline and I loved it. You will experience several emotions while reading this series. All of the characters added a great element.  I really felt bad for Lauren but I thought that she handled the situation great  Portia really pulls you in with her writing.
1-Click the If I Break series by Portia Moore today, you will not put it down once you get it.

ARC Provided by Ardent P Rose Honest review done by MAustin for Alpha Book Club without influence from publisher or author.

No comments:

Post a Comment